This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free.
Inspirational quotes are a treasured addition to my Pinterest board. They just supply that extra breath of fresh air needed to get through a challenging day. Read on for ten of my all-time favorites.
1. “Watch what you’re thinking about: The words your mind thinks become the house your heart lives in.” ~excerpt from: Dear Weary & Overwhelmed Church, Parent, Kid by Ann Voskamp
We often underestimate the power of our thoughts – I know I have!
2. “Why wish upon a star when you can pray to the one who created it?” – Unknown (image via Pixteller)
Sometimes I forget how BIG my God is. This reminds me of one of my favorite Psalms:
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth (Psalm 121:1-2)
That one was free 😉
3. “Go the extra mile – it’s never crowded.” – Unknown (image via Amy Howard Social)
You will never regret going above and beyond for someone else. It will help you more than it helps them!
Hmmm…. the extra mile. I wonder who thought of that? 😉
4. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” – Lao Tzu (image via 1111now.com)
Sometimes – especially when we’re overwhelmed – we just need to SLOW DOWN. Breathe, enjoy God’s creation, and enjoy the moment.
5. “How satisfying to turn from our limitations to a God who has none.” – A.W. Tower (via Lauren Carns)
YES. Why do we try so hard to fix our own problems? I need to frame this.
6. “It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice.” – Unknown (image via Rosenberry Rooms)
I remember my mom and grandmother saying this to me growing up. Simplistic, but true! Humility is often forgotten in today’s world.
7. “Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody.” – Unknown (image via Motivation Blog)
I love love love this quote. The first person I think of when I read this is my husband, Richard. He has this down to a science. He’s never too busy to talk to the cashier at Walmart, the janitor in the hallway, or the elderly gentlemen sitting alone. Putting others first is one of the purest forms of joy.
8. “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl (image via My Crazy-Beautiful Life)
When it comes to beauty routines, we spend hours and hours researching ways to look younger. If our thought life is good, it will shine through our appearance!
9. “Admire someone else’s beauty without questioning your own.” – Unknown (image via Amy Howard Social)
Girls, we NEED this. How much time did I waste as a teenager wanting to look like someone else rather than appreciating my own beauty? The next time you see beauty in someone, rather than comparing it to yours, try simply appreciating it. Easier said than done, I know!
10. “Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile.” – Unknown (image via Life Hack)
This is so important, but TOUGH to implement! It’s easy to get down-trodden when we face difficulties in this life. But once we realize that our happiness is not dependent on circumstances, that’s when our joy starts to soar!
I hope these inspirational quotes inspired you to breathe and relax a little bit more so you can enjoy life’s beautiful moments. Of course, none of these inspirational quotes are as meaningful as those found in the word of God! Read some of my favorite life-changing Bible verses here.
What’s your favorite inspirational quote? Please comment below and share this article with anyone who needs a lift in their day!